Lots of people come to CustomMade looking for the perfect gift. What can you do to set your items apart from the rest and get your share of that business?
- List a few easy-to-make and easy-to-ship items in your profile. Many welder and furniture makers craft large items like benches and desks but also incorporate simpler and smaller designs like hooks and bottle openers in their profiles.
- Spend less time communicating with customers and more time making by adding Quick Order options to your listings. You’ll immediately get paid and have a detailed set of deliverables to work from.
- Add a basic option to applicable listings. Have an inlaid walnut cutting board or a platinum stacking ring? Make the same listing available in a lower-cost material or less complex design to give customers with smaller budgets more options.
- Develop personalized options for your pieces like inscriptions or engravings that let the gift recipient know the item was intended for him/her. Many jewelers and woodworkers make these options available to diversify their profiles.
- Craft a stellar description. Customers want to know why the piece is special and you have the power to tell its story. Add a few details like what inspired you to craft the piece, a specific step in the process that’s meaningful to you or what kind of person might really enjoy the item. Is your listing the perfect gift for newlyweds, college grads or new homeowners? Say so!