What can we help you with?
Help for Customers
- How does CustomMade work?
- How do I have a custom project made?
- How do I order an item I found on CustomMade?
- Can I work with a specific maker?
- What details should my project include?
- How do I know what an appropriate budget is for my project?
Tracking my Orders
- How does the Dispute Resolution Process work?
- I just posted a project, now what happens?
- How do I send a message to the maker?
- How do I accept a proposal?
- How do I know that my project will turn out as expected?
- How do I edit my project?
- Sales tax for tax-exempt entities
- How do I pay a maker?
- What types of payment does CustomMade accept?
- Why do I have to pay a percentage up front?
- When is my second payment to the maker due?
- How are my payments processed?
Help for Makers
- How do I accept orders for more than one of the same item?
- How do I arrange listings on my profile page?
- How do I sign up to become a CustomMade maker?
- How do I complete my profile?
- How do I add a profile photo to my profile?
- How do I set up an order form?
Communicating With Customers
- Why are job board project requests limited to 6 makers?
- How do I correspond with customers via the CustomMade website?
- Can I call or video chat with a customer?
- What should my first message to a customer say?
- Tips for communicating with customers
- What happens if I don’t respond to a customer inquiry within 24 hours?
- What are maker policies?
- How can I keep track of when projects are due?
- How do I manage my Job Board Alert emails?
- How do I express interest in a project?
- How do I make a proposal?
- How do I edit or retract a proposal?
Payments, Taxes, & WePay
- Can I calculate sales tax for my customers before I submit a proposal?
- How are sales taxes explained to customers? Are they included in my proposal?
- How does CustomMade calculate tax for my customer's purchase(s)?
- What is the tax rate for my customer? How much tax do they owe?
- What states does CustomMade collect sales tax for me in?
- Do I need to collect sales tax from customers on purchases?
Tips for Success
- Can I change the URL for my profile page?
- How to write an engaging business description that wins over customers
- How to craft an engaging listing description
- Tips for winning more jobs
- Optimizing Your Maker Profile
- How to take great photos of your work